This Keto Chocolate Burnt Cheesecake is remarkably easy and quick to make. It only requires a good old spatula and a hand held whisk with not many ingredients. No fancy equipment needed but if you prefer to use a mixer, by all means, feel free to use it.
This chocolate cheesecake is rich and creamy on the inside, caramelized on the outside and incredibly delicious. The rich dark top is actually achieved by baking at a high temperature within a shorter baking time.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[ Total Servings = 8 ]
Per serving ;
Total Carb = 5.1 g
Dietary Fiber = 1.7 g
Net Carb = 3.4 g
Calories = 334
Total Fat = 33.2 g
Protein = 6.4 g
Cream Cheese (room temperature) = 400 g / 1 2/3 cups (Note: I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese. It’s best to use good quality cream cheese as it is after all, the star of the cake.)
Eggs (room temperature) = 2 large
Whipping or Heavy Cream (room temperature) = 220 ml / 1 cup
Powdered Allulose (https://amzn.to/37zViWF) = 130 g / 2/3 cup (Note: This is mildly sweet so you can adjust accordingly. You can also use any other Keto friendly powdered sweetener)
Salt = A pinch
Vanilla extract = 1 tsp
Unsweetened cocoa powder (sieved) (https://amzn.to/3w5o9f2) = 7 g / 1 tbsp
Unsweetened dark chocolate (chopped) (https://amzn.to/3M3C0rF) = 80 g / 1/2 cup (Note: I apologize for making a mistake in the video by mentioning that it’s 80 g / 2/3 cup. It should be 80 g / 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat the oven at 428 F or 200 C. It’s best to preheat the oven longer, around 20 to 30 minutes so that it is hot enough. The burnt texture is created by the high temperature and shorter baking time.
2. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 60 seconds, mix then microwave again for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth then set aside.
3. In the video, I used a 7 inch pan but you could use a 6 inch pan too except the cake will be thicker. Roughly line with parchment paper and cut off any excess then set aside.
4. It’s important to bring the cream cheese, eggs and whipping cream to room temperature so that they blend together easily creating a smoother batter.
5. In a bowl, add the cream cheese and use a spatula to mix until smooth and creamy.
6. Add the sweetener and mix until smooth and creamy.
7. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, salt and whisk until well combined.
8. Add the whipping cream and whisk until smooth and creamy.
9. Add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder then whisk until well combined. The batter is thick and smooth.
10. Pour into the pan and tap a few times.
11. Bake at the middle rack with top, bottom heat and fan for about 20 to 30 mins. If you only have a conventional oven with regular bake option, then bring the rack higher as heat rises so the upper oven will be hotter. However, if your oven is top heating, make sure that the parchment paper is not touching the heating element to prevent any burning. As all ovens are different, pay attention to the darkening of the top. Rotate the pan midway to ensure even browning. If the top is not darkening fast enough, you may have to give up on the color as you can’t keep on baking. Sometimes, you may have to reduce the temperature if the top is burning too fast. So you need to adapt to the situation as every oven is different.
12. Once the top is dark enough, immediately remove the pan. If you wish to have a darker top, just switch to the top heat for a little while before removing the pan. After removing the pan, just give it a jiggle and if the cake is wobbly, then it is done. The texture will firm up as it cools.
13. Do not over bake the cake after 30 mins even if the top is not dark enough as the texture of the cake will be affected.
14. During baking, the cake will rise but will sink down after some time.
15. Whether you prefer a creamy texture or a creamy texture with an oozy raw center or a firmer texture like regular cheesecake, it basically boils down to the baking time. For a creamy texture, bake it at the normal time around 30 mins. For a creamy with an oozy raw center, bake it at a lesser amount of time around 20 mins. And for a firmer texture, bake it a bit longer than the normal time of 30 mins.
16. Let the cake cool down to room temperature before chilling in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
17. If you prefer a softer texture with a custard-like filling, take out the cheesecake from the fridge for about 15 to 30 minutes before serving. This will also bring out the flavor of the cream cheese better. But if you prefer a firm texture, then serve it cold.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank You for your support !
Music by https://www.epidemicsound.com
View original video by clicking here.